Warranty: 12 months
For fast and discreet Full HD filmmaking on the move, the compact, and powerful LEGRIA HF G26 offers a compelling blend of portability, easy workflow and pro levels of performance thanks to a Canon 20x HD Optical Zoom lens and an HD CMOS Pro Image Sensor.
- The LEGRIA HF G26 has a powerful, fast f/1.8-2.8 20x optical zoom lens with a 26.8mm wide-angle coverage. Hi-UD (Hi Index Ultra Low Dispersion) glass ensures reduced chromatic aberration while 5-axis optical and electronic image stabilisation reduces image distortion and an 8-blade circular aperture with EMD (Electro Magnetic Diaphragm) technology ensures footage is natural and beautiful.
- With its HD CMOS Pro sensor, the LEGRIA HF G26 offers excellent low light sensitivity. Featuring a wide DR for beautiful tonality and Highlight Priority mode for rich expressiveness in high-brightness areas, recording 50P at 35Mbps delivers efficient, high quality footage helped by a DIGIC DV 4 processor supporting advanced image stabilisation plus slow and fast motion recording.
- Recording Full HD footage in AVCHD and MP4 formats at multiple bit rates, content can be recorded simultaneously with Dual SD card slots for easy workflow. A 3 Mbps mode produces smaller file sizes making it much easier to transfer files for immediate use.
- The LEGRIA HF G26 features an HDMI interface for connection to a wide range of accessories such as an HD television for viewing footage directly, the dedicated Mini Advanced shoe for the DM-E1 microphone and VL-5 Video Light plus a headphone jack to monitor sound levels and 3.5mm mic jack for an external microphone.
- Lightweight and compact, LEGRIA HF G26 features a 3.0-inch touchscreen, a custom dial for adjusting exposure settings, a 1.56 million dot tiltable electronic viewfinder (EVF) and manual focus/zoom ring and joystick for easy control plus a professional zoom rocker for smoother zooming. Manual, Auto and Cinema modes add extra control and creativity.
Video System Recording Formats MP4 / AVCHD Recording Medium •SDXC / SDHC / SD (2 slots)
•Double slot recording
Max Recording Time Variable total, depending on memory card size¹
64GB SDXC card: 24hrs 30mins² ³ (not supplied)
Sensor Type 1/2.84 Type Advanced HD CMOS PRO Total Pixels 3.09MP (2208x1398) Effective Pixels: Movie 2.91MP (2136x1362) Effective Pixels: Still 2.07 megapixels (16:9) Filter RGB Primary Colour Filter Lens Advanced Zoom Optical Zoom 20x Digital Zoom 400x Focal Length 3.67 - 73.4mm 35mm Equivalent Focal Length •26.8 - 576 (without Dynamic IS)
•28.8 - 576 (with Dynamic IS)
Maximum Aperture f1.8 - f2.8 Aperture Type 8 Blade Circular Diaphragm Minimum focusing distance 10mm Image Stabilizer Optical Image Stabiliser, Intelligent IS Filter diameter 58mm Teleconverter Attachment Optional TL-H58 (not included) Wide Attachment Accessory Optional WD-H58 (not included) Wide Attachment Included No Lens Cover Included cap, plus integrated cover on lens hood Image Processor Image Processor DIGIC DV 4 Face Detection Technology Yes Screen Screen size 3" (7.5cm), 100% view Vari-Angle Yes Pixels 460,000 dots equivalent Touchscreen Yes Touch Tracking Yes Touch Focus Yes Touch Exposure Yes Manual adjustment Colour balance, brightness standard/high Wi-Fi Function Wireless Bands NFC Remote Control & Streaming Movie Uploader Playback via browser Media Server Web Service GPS Support GPS Support Baby Mode Baby Mode External HDD Storage Direct storage to external HDD No Viewfinder Screen Size 0.24" (0.61cm), 100% view Pixels 1.56m dots equivalent Minimum Illumination Minimum Lux. 1 lux Night Mode Low Light (0.1 lux) Auto Gain Control Limit Adjustment Yes Focus Auto/Manual Yes / Yes Control Auto:
•Face Detection AF
•Face Only AF
Manual Focus Assist Peaking, Magnification Creative Features Slow Motion Recording 1/2 speed Fast Motion Recording 2x, 4x, 10x, 20x, 60x, 120x, 1200x Fast Motion Conversion Video Snapshot Yes, select from 2, 4, or 8 seconds Touch Decorations No Story Creator No Cinema-Look Filters Yes, Cinema Standard, Vivid, Dream, Cool, Sepia, Old Movies, Memory AE Mode